mParticle is the customer data platform that helps unify
data and simplify partner integrations with enterprise-class security and reliability.
Enabling the integration
To enable the integration with Talon.One:
- Find your Talon.One API Key and Deployment URL from Talon.One.
- In the mParticle dashboard, open the Talon.One integration.
- With your mParticle and Talon.One account managers, determine which mParticle
user identifier will match your Talon.One user ID.
- If you want to leverage the Talon.One rule engine,
enable the Run Rule Engine setting.
- If you want to leverage the Talon.One rule engine for some audiences but not others,
set up a second configuration with the Run Rule Engine setting set to
Use this configuration when connecting audiences that will not leverage the Rule Engine.
Run rule engine enabled
To connect an mParticle audience to Talon.One using the
enabled Run Rule Engine setting:
- Set the status to Inactive.
- In Talon.One, build the rules and conditions for when a user enters
or leaves an audience.
- In mParticle, navigate to the audience's connection to Talon.One and set the Status
of the connection to Active.
By selecting Run Rule Engine you can trigger 2 conditions in Talon.one:
- Customer has Joined the Audience
- Customer has Left the Audience
You can use these conditions along with:
- Check if a customer is a member of an audience
- Check if a customer is not a member of an audience
To ensure the rule engine is not run with each Audience update, which optimizes
hardware usage and limits the chances of your requiring an upgrade.
Run rule engine disabled
To connect an mParticle audience to Talon.One using
the disabled Run Rule Engine setting:
- Connect the audience with an active status.