mParticle is is the customer data platform that helps unify data and simplify partner integrations with enterprise-class security and reliability. This is a guide on integrating mParticle with Talon.one.
Enable the Integration
- Collect your Talon.One API Key and Deployment URL from Talon.One
- Find the Talon.One integration from the mParticle Dashboard
- With your mParticle and Talon.One account managers, determine which mParticle user identifier will match your Talon.One user ID.
- If you would like to leverage the Talon.One Rule Engine, enable the Run Rule Engine setting. If you would like to leverage the Talon.One Rule Engine for some audiences but not others, you should set up a second configuration with the Run Rule Engine setting set to “False.” Use this configuration when connecting audiences that will not leverage the Rule Engine.
Note: By selecting Run Rule Engine you can trigger 2 conditions in Talon.one:
- Customer has Joined the Audience
- Customer has Left the Audience
By deselecting Run Rule Engine, you will still have access to the following conditions:
- Check if a customer is a member of an audience
- Check if a customer is not a member of an audience
As the rule engine is not run with each Audience update, there will be less hardware usage and therefore less potential of you requiring an upgrade.
When connecting an mParticle audience to Talon.One using the enabled Run Rule Engine setting:
- Initially set the status to Inactive.
- In Talon.One, build the rules and conditions for when a user enters or leaves an audience.
- Once complete, In mParticle, navigate to the audience’s connection to Talon.One and set the Status of the connection to Active.
When connecting an mParticle audience to Talon.One using the disbled Run Rule Engine setting:
- Connect the Audience with a status of Active