Integration with Talon.One consists in feeding data to the Campaign Manager
and applying the effects that Talon.One returns.
Understanding how to integrate relies on some basic understanding of the rules of the
Campaign Manager. For more information, see the end-user help
As an integrator, you interact with the rule engine that is part of the Campaign
The rule engine
All rules defined in the Campaign Manager are stored in Talon.One's rule engine.
The rule engine expects events coming from your
system. When the rule engine receives an event, for instance a new customer profile
has been created, it checks which rules must be applied.
For each rule to be applied, the rule engine returns the rule's effects, such as
give a 10% discount to the customer.
Sending events to the rule engine and applying the effects it returned are the aim of
the integration layer. To do this, use one of the following APIs:
In this example, let's imagine a company selling bikes through an e-commerce website.
- A marketer has created the following rule in the Campaign Manager: every valid coupon
code gives an immediate 20% discount.
- A shopper adds a coupon code to their cart. This is an event.
- The integration layer between this e-commerce app and Talon.One sends
the details of the event. In this case, the coupon code is what matters.
- Talon.One's rule engine checks if the event applies to one of the rules created by your
marketers. Let's imagine the coupon code is valid. The rule engine sends the rule's effects
to the integration layer. In our case, apply a 20% discount.
- You e-commerce apps reacts by effectively applying the discount.
To start integrating with Talon.One:
Learn about the various concepts used in the platform:
Look at the integration checklist.
- See an example of basic integration.
- See the available SDKs and plugins
Test the API
Integrate once, profit continuously
Your marketers can build multiple campaigns off of the same events, so you don’t have
you to work on them twice.
If your specific business case isn't represented by Talon.One's provided events, you can
extend the vocabulary of events to directly fulfill your needs.